Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 15th, 2017, Kurt's Wedding

It was such a pleasure and honor for  my friend Kurt to decide to have his wedding ceremony performed aboard my humble Ship RA on Biscayn Bay. He and his beautiful bride officiated the exchange of the vows  in the cook pit and was officiated by their friend the notary  Brian. Present were his parents from New York and her Mother for Colombia.
It was a vey windy day. I was lucky to have my future son in law, Titus to help me run the ship. We started with the main mizzen and small jib, but ultimately dropped the mizzen and reefed the main due to the heavy weather. It was a great sailing experience for for a great occasion. Here is what they wrote in the log:

"Thank you Asaad and crew of the RA for allowing us to spend this incredible and meaningful day on your vessel. I will forever cherish this memory of my marrying my beautiful wife and starting off our life together with so much happiness and beauty. Kurt"

" And in  the sweetness of your matrimony let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning and is refreshed KG Brian"

"Thank you Asaad for a wonderful experience to share our son's wedding aboard your boat, Mari & Steve"

"Thank you for the wonderful trip   and the experience of sailing and the officiation of Kurt and Adriana's wedding, Thanks again, Steve Birchenough, Kurt's Dad"