Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 22nd, 2014, The Turk Family

Steve found me on Travel Zoo. He thought it will be a great gift to his family, especially those who are visiting from Argentina. He thought a sailing afternoon on Biscayn bay will make there visit to Miami a memorable experience.
The weather man was predicting 50% chance of rain. Robert was justifiably
 concerned about the weather. Based on my experience with the weather man I managed to convince Robert to give it a try. As they arrived to the boat it started to sprinkle. I suggested they come aboard and wait below deck and see what the weather does. Almost immediately it cleared and we took off. It was blowing pretty good. I was glad to have Ned and Barbara who came aboard for the first time. they were very helpful getting RA out of the slip with the 25knots wind on the beam.

We had a good sail and they were glad to have come against the weather man's predictions.
Here is what they wrote in the log:

"The weather changed to the best. what a fantastic day on the high seas. A view of Miami I will never forget, Steve Turk"

"Wonderful windy day,wonderful Captain, looking forward to learn more about sailing Barbara Colonna"