Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 22nd,2014. VW british execs, Corporate Regatta

The came all the way from Englad to race on our great Biscayne Bay. It was a very chilli windy morning
The first leg was a broad reach. Ned was reluctant to raise all the sails so Ra was bhind the Pack. On the return leg, it was close hauled and we had the Maim, Mizzen and Big jib, since RA could point so well we Passed several boats. My guests were very inpressed by how well RA can go close to the wind. At times we exceeded Hull speed, and frequently we Burried the Rrails. In all it was an excinting and Exihirating Ride. here is what they wrote in the log:

"John,Jillann, Ian and Sally all had a fantastic day aboard the boat, Great days sail, Plenty of wind"

When they learned I collect VW 's, Sally wanted to see the one at the Marina. They all were very intereted in my Old 1970 Beetle. Sally took several pictures of the can and me, and wrote my name and e mail. I wonder what they will do with the Pictures.