Saturday, November 03, 2012

October 30th. 2012, Novartis Regata

It was a very windy day. It was blowing 25 knot gusting to 30. Originally I was going to be conservative. I raised only three sails. We had a great start. I was ahead of the pack. Then the other boats were closing on me. my crew were yelling , faster faster, so i decided to dare and raise the big jib. Ra really performed. At times she exceeded hull speed. We were ahead of almost all the boats except for one or two boats. My crew were really excited and happy. My first mate, Charlie, who is really a power boater, was really excited. It was really one of my best regattas.. here is what the guests wrote in the log: "Captain Asaad and RA, Thanks for helping us dominate the race. it is a fine vessel and an even better crew" " Thanks for an afternoon of great fun and exceptional
sailing!! RA is really a race boat in disguise of an elegant lady. It has been such a pleasure sailing with you! I will be back, Martina" " Dear Captain Asaad and RA, Thanks for a great sailing competition. It was my first after long time sailing on lake Michigan, Chicago, during my graduate school. Thanks for great relaxing yet competitive sail, Brett, Novartis Pharmaceuticals"