Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 23rd, 2012, Brittany Black

The weatherman was predicting 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms, but Brittany wanted to go for it any way. Of course I obliged. We actually had a very nice sail most of the trip. In fact I had both jibs up and the mizzen on the way home. They were anxious to get home fast. Right at the entrance of the channel We got the wind and the rain to the tune of heavy rain with 30-40 knots of wind. It took Joseph and couple of the ladies to furl the jib. we had some anxious moments in the Chanel while furling the jib. they all went to the security of the cabin below deck, Joseph and I navigated RA safely thru the Chanel . he was priceless bringing me my foul weather gear and helping me spot the marker which were almost invisible due to the storm. Thanks to Joseph, RA ,the Brittany, the engine and of course thank God for letting me survive the the angry sea one more time. I believe my guests got a thrill out of the adventure. here is what Brittany wrote in the log: "Captain, What an extraordinary adventure ! Thank you for a day filled with peaceful grey skies, soft lulling winds and a sailing challenge as you deftly and masterly handled the rain storm that swept in at the end. you made sure we were all safe and well cared for, thank you. It was a wonderful trip that I am happy to remember for ever. All the best, Brittany Black. Thank you so much Brittany for the Kind words, and by the way Happy birthday. I believe this birth day will be remembered for a long time. I hope you come sail with me again soon. you are a very kind and pleasant soul and it will be a pleasure to have you aboard again. I hope you like the pictures.