Monday, August 15, 2011

August 13th, 2011, Gary Senk

It was an interesting day weather wise. My best judgement was that we could get away with it, and we did. But I was concerned because some times I am wrong. But I am glad I was right this time. It really was a nice sail, gentle breeze and serious ove cast and a lot of noise far away.
Here is what Gary wrote;


The adults were unenthusiastic about sailing due to thunderstorms and high winds around Palmetto Bay, but Jon’s movers were not discouraged. We had an overcast sky which is great on an August afternoon in Miami. The sunset was invisible due to the extensive cloud cover but we saw some great sky color. A full moon made a brief appearance about 45 minutes after the scheduled moon rise. There were spectacular displays of lightning a safe distance to the northwest.

Submitted by:
Gary Senk