Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 10th, 2011, Marie Duron's B.Day

Marie wanted to share her birthday with her special friends, so she invted them to go sailing on our great, Miami's Biscayne bay. It was a very windy day, steady 20-25 knots. I first raised the main, mizzen and staysayl, and sailed out of the chanel, but that was too much canvas. Michelle who never been on a sail boat before was uncomfortable with the boat's excessive heel, so as soon s we cleared the channel I reefed the main . They really wanted to swim in spite of the heavy wind, so I took them in the lee of Biscayne bay dropped the sails and they went in the water. They all had a great time. krill was on board as a crew. kelly who's dad was a sailor was specially appreciative of the experience. here is what kelly wrote in the log:
" Thank you for the amazing day we had with you. It meant the world to me personally as my father was a sailor, Kelly"